The holidays are here! We’ve had a busy 10 months since our inception in February and we are all looking forward to a well deserved break. We are so proud to say that we gave out almost 600 items to over 150 families throughout the Ballarat region this year. In 2015 we will be back bigger than ever - ready to receive more donations and distribute even more goods to those in need.
Although Eureka Mums will be closed for a few weeks over the Christmas/New Year period, we will reopening our warehouse for the first collection of the year on Monday January 12th
Thank you to our awesome team of volunteers who have scrubbed, sorted, packed, cleaned and organised every donation we’ve received. There is never a dull moment at the Eureka Mums shed as handmade quilts and toys get admired and prams go from grubby to gleaming with a bit of elbow grease.
Tools for School campaign
From now until the end of January we will be collecting school related items to distribute to case workers. Sought after items include:
- Stationary including art supplies
- Exercise and scrap books
- Lunchboxes and drink bottles
- Art smocks
- Library bags
- Back packs
There are several Eureka Mums tubs available for you to drop goods in over the holidays, or you can bring your items along to one of our collections at our Clarkson Street warehouse in the last 2 weeks of January.
- Devine Vintage - Shop 1/405 Warrenheip Street, Buninyong
- Parent Place - Cnr Sturt and Albert St, Ballarat (the old Tourist Information Centre)
- Ballarat Base Hospital Maternity - Drummond St, Ballarat
- Wendouree Children’s Services - Gillies St, Wendouree
- Front door - 3/69 Victoria St, Sebastopol
- Front door - 2/1104 Doveton St Nth, Ballarat North
Of course, we wouldn’t be able to function as successfully as we do if it weren’t for the generous financial and in-kind support we have received throughout the year.
We would like to thank -
- StreetSmart, City of Ballarat and Masters Home Improvement who assisted us financially and in-kind with the set up of our warehouse;
- Stockland Wendouree, whose Community Grant allowed us to purchase brand new cot and mattress sets during our Cots for Tots campaign; and
- Grill’d, Jack n Jill Markets, Monteith and Bermingham, and countless other individuals who have donated to our various campaigns or responded to specific call outs.
If you would like to make a donation, please click here to donate to our Christmas Appeal. Cheques can be mailed to Eureka Mums, PO Box 5525, Redan, 3350.
Prams complete with hanging toys, pram liners an newborn inserts, ready for rehoming
If you have been thinking of volunteering, please contact us for more information at email@example.com. There is a huge variety of ways you can contribute, and every little bit counts.
We look forward to spending time with our volunteers in the new year working together for this great cause.
Our community’s giving spirit, along with our hard working volunteers and tireless case workers have seen Eureka Mums grow from a humble beginnings to an organisation that is able to assist more and more vulnerable families with everything a child needs for the best start in life.
Thank you all for your continuous support.
From the Eureka Mums committee - have a safe and happy holiday, and we look forward to seeing you all in the New Year.
Erin, Di, Chloe and Trinsa x