Show a mum you care this Mother's Day
While many of us will be planning a special Mother's Day this year, Eureka Mums is encouraging everyone to show a mum in need that you care this May.
The 'Make a Mother's Day' campaign will provide everyday essentials for a mum experiencing hardship to show them you care. You will be helping a mum who might be at risk of homelessness, affected by violence, family breakdown, or living in poverty.
So we need your help! There are a number of ways that you can get involved this year -
- Make a financial donation here. A $50 donation will ensure Eureka Mums can provide a mum with a toiletries pack this Mother’s Day.
- Make a donation in lieu of a Mother’s Day present for your own Mum or special person in your life by clicking here. We will email you a special certificate you can give them.
- Organise a get together with your friends and family and fundraise or collect donations on the day. Please express your interest here.
- Book an appointment and drop in a toiletry bag filled with new and unopened toiletries. Below is a list of instructions.
- Make up a toiletry bag of women’s toiletries. Choose a nice toiletry bag and fill it with everything you would need if you had nothing. Some ideas include toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, hair ties, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, tampons/pads, sunscreen, body and face moisturiser, cleanser, tissues, deodorant, band aids or a basic first aid kit (no razors, metals/sharps or medication please)
- Take a photo of your gift pack and post it on social media using the hashtag #makeamothersday
- Post to Eureka Mums at 15 Gray Street, Sebastopol or make an appointment here to drop it in.
Mother's Day is Sunday 9 May. Please ensure your gift arrives by Saturday 1 May.