Eureka Mums rehomes donated and new nursery equipment and baby items. Volunteers are involved in every aspect of our operation, from accepting, sorting, cleaning, processing, packing and safety checking these items, to administrative and IT tasks.
Who will be my supervisor?
Staff will supervise volunteers, and provide ongoing support, direction and training. Different tasks may need to be undertaken on different days.
Volunteer Roles – including duties and responsibilities
You will help by performing the following volunteer roles:
- Giver: Serving social workers, preparing orders ready for collection, recording information and helping to pack cars/vans etc.
- Greeter: Greeting donors, recording information, collecting donations and storing them safely.
- Sorter: Sorting clothing and linen
- Bundler: making up clothing, linen, toys, book packs
- Tinker: cleaning, fixing and safety checking prams, cots, car seats, highchairs, bassinets, bouncers, safety gates
- Pamper Packers : making up toiletry, nappy, bottle, breast pump kits, safety kits and first feeding kits.
- Home bundler/sorter: packing and sorting clothing at home
- Staging Post volunteer: accepting donations in your home on behalf of our organisation.
- Any other general duties and ad hoc tasks as they come up.
Skills, qualifications or experience required (or desirable) for role
We are looking for a volunteer with the following skills and experience:
- No qualifications necessary. All volunteers will receive training for specific roles.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow directions carefully
- An interest in helping families in need
Background checks for role